The recipe may look a little daunting at first, but these Smoked Bacon & Almond Bars actually come together quite quickly and are absolutely delicious. The sweet marshmallow and chocolate combined with salty bacon is a combination that you will love!
2 bags milk chocolate chips
½ cup creamy peanut butter
¼ cup butter
1 cup white sugar
¼ cup evaporated milk
1 ¼ cup marshmallow cream
¼ cup peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 ½ cup whole almonds
½ cup smoked Pork Shop
bacon bits (use real bacon, not artificial)
¾ cup butter
½ cup brown sugar
3 tbsp. corn syrup
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1) Butter a 9x13 pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
2) Combine one bag of chocolate chips with ¼ cup peanut butter. Melt in the microwave, spread in pan and allow to cool.
3) Combine the butter, sugar, evaporated milk and vanilla in a pan. Bring to a boil. Add in the marshmallow cream and peanut butter. Stir until thick.
4) Pour over chocolate base and sprinkle with whole almonds.
5) Sautee the bacon until crisp, drain on paper towel to soak up excess fat. Sprinkle over marshmallow layer.
6) Combine all ingredients for the caramel and bring to a boil.
7) Allow mixture to cook until it becomes a rich golden color, stir constantly.
8) Pour caramel over marshmallow layer and allow to cool.
9) Melt remaining bag of chocolate chips with ¼ cup creamy peanut butter. Spread over caramel layer.
10) Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired. Cool and serve.